Martha chose to seek the 40th District House seat now after following the Kansas Legislature’s last four sessions. She is concerned that issues important to moderate Democrat, Republican and Unaffiliated voters have been ignored, while far-right extremists focus on partisan policy experiments.
Martha Allen is a well-respected lifelong resident of the Lansing-Leavenworth area. She is a proud wife of 54 years. She is a mother. She is a grandmother. Martha lives locally and appreciates and supports local businesses and non-profit organizations. She spends countless hours volunteering within her community and recognizes the value that its diversity brings to Leavenworth and Lansing.
Martha is now retired after a career as a medical social worker, where she provided direct services to military veterans at the Eastern Kansas VA Medical Center. In her last role there, she served veterans in the eastern half of Kansas as their Visual Impairment Services Team Coordinator, putting together rehab and equipment resources to allow veterans to live full lives despite vision loss. Martha showed a determination to do what was right and individualize help tailored to each veteran receiving VA visual impairment services.
Most recently, she was co-founder and is the chair of Northside Grocery Transport, Inc., a volunteer-driven nonprofit 501c3. NGTI’s Grocery Getters Project gives low-income residents of the food desert of northeast Leavenworth transportation to full-service grocery stores, allowing access to nutritious food and improving overall health.
She is a volunteer tutor at the Richard Allen Cultural Center, complementing the education the elementary students receive in school.
Martha was an active volunteer in recent political campaigns. She is motivated to run for the Legislature to make a positive difference now and for future generations. She brings boundless energy, knowledge and passion to this campaign. She looks forward to listening to, representing, and working closely with the Lansing-Leavenworth community and its citizens. Put her to work. Elect Martha Allen as your 40th District Kansas State Representative on November 8, 2022.
• She supports the district’s Lansing-Leavenworth students, educators, administration and staff.
• As a Pro-Choice Candidate, she honors a woman's right to self-autonomy and to her own
reproductive health care decisions.
• She values the diversity of the district’s people and will represent all residents in the 40th.
• She backs a strong business environment and economic growth for all types of businesses.
• She will work toward the expansion of Medicaid to meet the state’s healthcare needs.
•. She will work on behalf of our large Veteran population.
• She has studied the legalization of medical cannabis and will push for its passage.
• She will continue to support balancing Kansas’ budget and will practice fiscal responsibility.
• Most importantly, she will be visible, approachable, and accessible to her constituents with
regular legislative updates, listening sessions, and involvement in, and support of, community
activities throughout the years of her term.
Your involvement and donations to our campaign create opportunities to be part of effecting a positive direction for our Kansas community. Show Martha that you share in her vision of a better tomorrow.
Give and show support MarthaforKansas today! March with Martha!
Checks can be made payable to:
MarthaforKansas, P.O. Box 404, Lansing, KS 66043
For online payments, click on the DONATE NOW blue button at the top of this page. Thank you for wanting to get involved in MARTHAforKANSAS!